QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Saturday, April 11, 2015

Painting Quilts; Painting on Quilts

Eluster Richardson

A few paintings that have caught my eye lately:

Grant Wood, Waubeek, 1929
Sold at Sotheby's a few years ago.

Nancy Hagin Checked Quilt, 1988
Serigraph (silk-screened print)

Nancy Hagin Red and White Quilt,
Serigraph 


Nancy Hagin Pink Quilt
Serigraph


Rebecca Barker, Patriotic Stack

P.S. Gordon, The Captain's All Vegged Out

Kathleen Nobles, Patchwork Quilt
Acrylic

Edmund Dulac, 1927

Stephen Lorber, Star Quilt

Sanford Biggers, Repurposed Quilt



Sanford Biggers, Repurposed Quilt

Two earlier posts I've done about painting and quilts

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what stunning quilts. I think I need to take a try at painting on quilts. I've seen a bit of it the last couple months on other's blogs. Now to find some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of mixing mediums in quilts, I have done a little coloring on small pieces and used ink markers that work like paints but fast drying.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'm drawn to the use of quilts in art. I'm always fascinated by they way the light and shadow of the actual quilting stitches are rendered. Love the Grant Wood~ Oh, and thanks for the links to your previous posts. I had missed those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know the paintings of
    Valeriane Leblond a french girl in
    Britain. "Naive" paintings with
    quilts?
    Hello from Tine of Belgium

    ReplyDelete